ATHENAPowerlink Now Accepting Applications
The Rockford ATHENAPowerLink® (APL) is offering a professional consulting package, valued at $40,000 for an entire year. A woman business owner will be chosen from the Rockford market to participate. ATHENAPowerLink is able to offer this women's business mentoring program with the support of PNC, and the Rockford Chamber of Commerce.
ATHENAPowerLink's programs provide women business owners with a panel of professional consultants who help grow businesses. The businesses that participate in the programs which ATHENAPowerLink offers will be provided with a panel catered specifically to their needs. The panels are comprised of professionals in the fields of law, accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and technology. These professionals fully commit themselves to the business for an entire year; the business may accept or reject any advice the ATHENAPowerLink panel gives, though consideration for the applicants is based on their willingness to accept the panel's advice.
- At least 51% of the business is owned and actively managed by a woman or women
- The business has been in operation for at least two years
- A minimum of two full-time employees can include owner
- Minimum annual gross revenues of $250,000 for a retail or manufacturing business
- Minimum annual gross revenues of $100,000 for a service business
- Clear business objectives and specific reasons for seeking an Athena PowerLink panel
Applications must be submitted by April 13, 2012. There is a $250 application acceptance fee for the business selected for the program. Applications are available by clicking here (Microsoft Word Format)or by contacting:
Rockford Chamber of Commerce
308 West State Street | Suite 190 | Rockford, IL 61101
Tel 815.316.4312 | email@example.com